Disability Accommodations for Program Participants
The Division of Extension is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and equitable experience for all program participants. In partnership with the McBurney Disability Resource Center at UW-Madison campus, the division evaluates and responds to requests for disability accommodation(s) by following an interactive, confidential, and individualized process, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Whether you are a participant, volunteer, or educator, we invite you to learn more about disability, reasonable accommodations, and inclusive practices by contacting Heather Stelljes, Access Consultant for the Division of Extension, with any questions you may have.
To request an accommodation for an event or program in the Division of Extension:
- Complete the Disability Accommodation Request Form.
- Obtain documentation from your clinician or medical provider by having them complete the Disability Documentation Form.
- Submit it to Heather at the McBurney Disability Resource Center.
You may also connect with Heather by calling 608-263-2741 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Text messaging is available through the front desk at 608-225-7956. 711 relay calls are accepted.
If you are hosting an event or providing programming, consider using a tag line on advertisements and communications to let participants know disability accommodations can be requested. A sample tagline can be found below:
“If you need an accommodation to attend this event, please contact (name, event host/coordinator) at (phone number/email).”
Disability Accommodations for Employees and Applicants
The University of Wisconsin-Madison is committed to providing a workplace for employees where they can be successful. This includes providing reasonable accommodations in order for qualified employees and applicants with disabilities to have equal employment opportunities. If you are experiencing difficulty in the hiring process, while performing duties of your job, or accessing an employment benefit, you can consider requesting an accommodation. You can learn more about the accommodation process including links to request forms and policies at https://employeedisabilities.wisc.edu/
To request an accommodation:
- Complete the Accommodation Request Form and obtain medical documentation from your treating specialist.
- Give both to Sue Phipps, Divisional Disability Representative (DDR). As the DDR, Sue facilitates requests for both reasonable accommodation and medical leave. The DDR is the person designated to receive and hold confidential medical information in your division.
- Sue’s contact: 608-262-7106/ or email@example.com.
The Employee Disability Resources (EDR) Office is the campus-wide hub for information on the disability accommodation process and is also a resource if you have questions.
EDR Office contact: 608-279-2043
firstname.lastname@example.org. 711 relay calls are accepted.